Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dill Lime Chicken and Rice Pilaf



Dill Lime Chicken


1 cube butter
3 tsp. dill weed
2 tsp. dried chives
juice of 2 fresh limes

Melt together in microwave. Dip cooked chicken into the sauce or pour over baked chicken breasts.

I like to BBQ my chicken breasts. Fred and I love this but the kids eat their chicken plain.

Rice Pilaf


1/2 c. butter
2 c. uncooked rice
dash of garlic
dash of accent
4 c. chicken broth
1 small pkg. sliced almonds
1 small can mushrooms
1 bunch parsley

Melt butter in skillet. Add rice and cook until light brown. Put browned rice in 9 x 13 casserole pan. Add garlic and accent. Stir and pour chicken broth in. Add mushrooms. Cook covered at 325 degrees for 45 minutes. While warm add sniped parsley and almonds.

2 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely HEAVENLY! Do you use fresh dill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't use fresh dill, but I am sure it would taste it even better with it. Everything fresh tastes better.

    ReplyDelete