Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chipotle Lime White Bean and Corn Quinoa

This recipe is sooooo yummy. Even Fred loves it. He enjoys it with chips, I like to eat it alone. I got it off the picky palate website. It is super easy and everyone who has tried it loves it.


Chipotle Lime White Bean and Corn Quinoa

1 Cup uncooked quinoa
3 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt with parsley
1 teaspoon adobe sauce (from can of chipotle peppers)
1 can yellow corn, drained
1 can white beans, drain and rinsed
1/2 Cup fresh chopped cilantro leaves, chopped
2 chipotle peppers, chopped
1/2 Cup red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 Cup green onions, chopped (the green parts)

Prepare quinoa according to package directions. In a small bowl whisk the lime juice, olive oil, salt, parsley and adobo sauce. Pour into quinoa and mix in corn, beans, cilantro, chipotle peppers, red bell pepper and green onions. Cover and chill until serving.

8-10 servings

1 comment:

  1. This SALAD rocks!!! I'm obsessed with it. I've made it twice since I tried it from Julie. A word of caution: it's SPICY! Yes, Julie, I didn't think so when I ate yours but when I made it WOAH! Now I take out the seeds of the pepper and it's much better:) seriously AMAZING salad. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete