Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Bars



I remember eating a yummy peanut butter bar when I was in grade school. Begging anyone who would give me theirs. I would occasionally reminisce about this wonderful treat and then one day Fred's friend was talking about the same yummy bar. His mom knew a cafeteria lady and got the recipe and it was the same wonderfulness and gloriness as I remembered. YUM!

Peanut Butter Bars


3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup peanut butter
2 eggs

Press into greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes

Pour 1 bag chocolate chips right away. Spread over bars when melted. When chocolate cools add frosting.

Frosting
1/3 cup peanut butter
4 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk

1 comment:

  1. the cafeteria lady actually made something herself, that's amazing! Jack just got excited when he saw this post :) we're making dinner right now...if it's good I will post it!

    ReplyDelete